For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
South Carolina Gubernatorial election, 2014
June 10, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lt. Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Treasurer, Comptroller, Auditor, Superintendent of Education, Commissioner of Agriculture, Adjutant General
Note: The following list of candidates is not official and will continue to be updated until the 2014 candidate filing deadline. Candidates will be added as we come across them prior to the deadline. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
Alan Wilson - Attorney General of South Carolina
Tom Davis - State Senator
Bobby Harrell, Jr., Speaker of the South Carolina House of Representatives
Glenn McConnell - Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina
Mick Mulvaney - U.S. Representative
Tim Scott - U.S. Senator
Incumbent Nikki Haley plans to run for re-election in 2014. Republican state treasurer Curtis Loftis, Jr. considered challenging Haley for the party's nomination, but announced on January 25, 2013 that he would seek re-election to his current post as treasurer instead. Without Loftis, the list of potential Republican primary candidates is still long, and includes two fellow officials from the executive branch: Lieutenant Governor Glenn McConnell and Attorney General Alan Wilson.
- Governor of South Carolina
- South Carolina state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- WPDE News, "SC State Treasurer won't run for governor," January 25, 2013
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Lexington County Chronicle and The Dispatch-News, "Will Governor Haley survive 2014 gubernatorial race?" August 16, 2012
- The Associated Press via MyrtleBeachOnline, "Gov Haley names co-chairs for possible run in 2014," February 19, 2013
- South Carolina Election Commission, "Candidate Tracking," March 31, 2014
- The State, "Libertarian joins SC governor’s race," March 17, 2014
- Facebook, "Ralph Allen Beach for Governor Of South Carolina in 2014," accessed September 3, 2013
- Island Packet, "Tom Ervin jumps out of GOP governor’s race," April 11, 2014
- Charleston City Paper, "Will lenn McConnell go after Nikki Haley's job?" March 28, 2012
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |