|Transparency grading process|
See also: Evaluation of Nevada city websites
This website was most recently evaluated on November 30, 2012.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 6 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2007 are available.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Public Records
- The public information officer is identified and maintained by the City Clerk position. This person provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- A public records form is provided by the City Clerk.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Permits and zoning
- Zoning ordinances are posted online.
- Permit applications can be downloaded on the site, along with information on how to apply for the permits.
- Meeting agendas are not archived for at least 3 years.
- Approved contract statements are not available for vendors above $10,000.
- Public Records
- A fee schedule for documents is not provided.
- If the city engaged in lobbying actives or if it's a member of government lobbying associations are not disclosed. Nor is the total cost lobbying activities or membership dues for associations available.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are not available online.
- Main article: Nevada government sector lobbying
Sparks has six registered lobbyists. 
- Sparks, Budgets, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks, Staff Directory, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks, Elected Officials, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks, Minutes, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks, Meeting Agendas and Schedule, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks', Audits, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks, Bids, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks, Public Records, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Sparks, Building and Zoning, Accessed: November 30, 2012
- Nevada Legislature - Lobbyist Employer List