Springfield Public Schools, Missouri
|Transparency grading process|
The Springfield Public School District's budget is published on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Last rated on March 28, 2012.
- Elected Officials
- Some contact information for elected officials is posted, including brief biographic information and telephone numbers. A single email address is included for the board. 
- Meeting minutes and agendas are posted in Board Docs.
- Agendas and minutes are archived.
- Contact information for administrative officials posted on department web pages. 
- Local tax levy information is posted. 
- Current financial audit is posted.
- Audits are archived to 2006.
- Report cards for individual schools are posted. 
- Public Records
- Current budget is not posted.
- Budgets are not archived for at least three years.
- Elected Officials
- Individual email addresses are not posted for members of the board of education.
- Awarded bids are not posted.
- Employee contract terms are not posted.
- Background Check
- Background check procedures are not posted.
|Dr. Tom Prater||President||2014|
|Dr. Denise Fredrick||Member||2014|
Average teacher salaries are:
|Year|| Average total |
Teacher salary schedules can be found here.
The current superintendent is Dr. Norm Ridder. Dr. Ridder became superintendent on July 1, 2005 after serving as superintendent of Colorado Springs School District 11 from 2000 to 2005. He has worked as a teacher, coach, principal, and superintendent. The superintendent's current cabinet includes:
|Dr. Norm Ridder||Superintendent|
|Steve Chodes||Chief Financial Officer|
|Anita Kissinger||Associate Superintendent of Educational Services|
|Marc Maness||Community Relations and Strategic Planning Director|
|Dr. Ben Hackenwerth||Associate Superintendent- Elementary|
|Dr. Justin Herrell||Associate Superintendent- Secondary|
|Parker McKenna||Human Resources Director|
Average administrator salaries are:
|Year|| Average administrator |
The district's 2011 graduation rate was 82.8%, below the state average of 86.7%. The dropout rate was 2.7%. 43.2% of 2011 graduates entered a four year university or college, while 31.6% entered a two year college, and 3.7% entered a postsecondary technical institution.
The district met one of four overall No Child Left Behind target statuses. The attendance rate target was met, but targets in graduation rate, communication arts, and mathematics were not.
62.24% of graduates took the ACT with a composite score of 22.90.
In 2012-2013, the district will launch its next five year strategic plan. The new strategic plan's scorecard will measure: student preparation (student engagement, academic achievement, academic rigor and expectations, post-graduate readiness), effective use of resources (market competitiveness, resources support classrooms, safe and healthy school environment, learning environment), and teacher support (professional development, administrative support, instructional time, community support).
The school board contested that its finance committee didn't need to comply with the Sunshine Law or Meeting Notices Law because it's not an "official standing committee." However, the finance committee is compromised of board members and has been meeting regularly for the past 8 years.
A Missouri Newspaper, the News-Leader requested copies of the committee's meeting agendas and minutes. The school doesn't keep them. Up until recently, the school board didn't even post when the meetings were going to occur. And when people raised questions about the meetings, the school board chose to suspend the committees meetings.
- About Springfield Public Schools
- Springfield Public Schools, "Budget," accessed December 3, 2013
- Elected Officials
- Tax Levy
- School Report Cards
- District Purchases
- District purchases
- Sunshine Law Requests
- Salary Schedule
- Ethics Code
- About the Board
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Springfield R-XII School District, District Report Card
- Superintendent's Cabinet
- MNEA, Affiliates
- Strategic Plan 5
- News-Leader, Springfield school board says finance committee not official, Nov. 2, 2010