|South Dakota House District 25|
|2011 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Date of birth||05/02/1967|
|Place of birth||Salem/Sioux Falls, SD|
|Profession||Retired, NCIS Investigator|
He enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps before graduating from high school, and later became an NCIS investigator. He worked in these positions for a combined 23-and-a-half years before retiring.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Nelson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Energy|
|• Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nelson served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Note: Nelson was later removed from the Agriculture committee following conflicts with Republican leadership; he claimed that his opposition to a dairy bill contributed to his removal.
Nelson won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 19. Nelson advanced past the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 19, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stace Nelson Incumbent||40.4%||6,956|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 19 Republican Primary, 2012|
|J.E. "Jim" Putnam||25.7%||1,129|
|South Dakota State House, District 25 (2010)|
|Stace Nelson (R)||4,814||27.34%|
|Jon Hansen (R)||4,579||26.00%|
|Oran A. Sorenson (D)||3,859||21.91%|
|Dennis Van Overschelde (D)||2,918||16.57%|
|Kevin R Crisp (I)||1,441||8.18%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Nelson raised $13,330 in contributions. 
Her two largest contributors were:
|South Dakota Republican Party||$1,042|
Nelson and his wife Aiza currently live in Fulton. They have 6 grown children who now have children of their own.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stace + Nelson + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Campaign Website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- The Daily Republic, "Rep. Stace Nelson removed from Legislature's Ag committee," November 30, 2011. Retrieved June 13, 2012.
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- 2010 contributions
- Stace Nelson for District 25 Representative: About Stace Nelson
Oran Sorenson (D), Timothy Rave (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 25
| Succeeded by|