|Missouri House of Representatives, District 87|
|2009 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||September 2009|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Date of birth||August 20, 1954|
|Place of birth||Kansas City, Kansas|
Newman earned her B.F.A./B.S.E. in Speech/Theatre from Emporia State University. Her professional experience includes working as Women's Vote Director for the Missouri Democratic Party from 2002 to 2004, Missouri Women's Vote Coordinator for the 2002 Democratic National Convention, and on the TWA Flight Crew from 1979 to 1992.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Newman served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations - General Administration|
|• Children, Families, and Persons with Disabilities|
|• Urban Issues|
|• Joint Committee on Urban Agriculture|
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Stacey Newman was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election.
Newman won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 87. Newman defeated incumbent Susan Carlson in the August 7 primary election. She defeated Carlson again on September 24 in a new election per a judicial order. She ran unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
On August 28, 2012, a St. Louis County judge ordered a new election between Newman and Carlson. Although the results of the first primary awarded Newman the nomination by a single vote, it was later discovered that workers at a polling station handed out over one hundred incorrect ballots. Approximately one-third of the improper ballots were given to citizens voting a Democratic ballot.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 87 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Stacey Newman Incumbent||50%||1,823|
|Susan Carlson Incumbent||50%||1,822|
On November 2, 2010, Newman won election to the Missouri House of Representatives.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 73 General Election (2010)|
|Stacey Newman (D)||7,728|
|Daniel O'Sullivan (R)||4,851|
Comprehensive donor information for Newman is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Newman raised a total of $231,466 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Stacey Newman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri State House, District 87||$80,808|
|2010||Missouri State House, District 73||$76,695|
|2008||Missouri State House, District 73||$73,963|
|Grand Total Raised||$231,466|
2012Newman won re-election to the Missouri House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Newman raised a total of $80,808.
|Missouri House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stacey Newman's campaign in 2012|
|St. Louis Law Group||$18,275|
|Tatum Brown, Harriet||$4,150|
|Sandy Rothschild & Associates||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$80,808|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Newman was up for re-election, she collected $76,695 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Supporters of Health Research & Treatments||$2,500|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 36||$1,700|
|Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce||$1,500|
Newman is married with one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stacey + Newman + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Missouri state legislative districts
- Missouri General Assembly
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2002
- STL Today, "Clayton Dems tap Stacey Newman as nominee to replace Brown," September 3, 2009
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results-State of Missouri-General-November 4, 2014: Unofficial Results," November 8, 2014
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Judge orders new Democratic primary in 87th House race in St. Louis County," August 29, 2012
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Newman, Stacey," accessed September 20, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Missouri 2010 - Candidates," accessed May 15, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Newman
|Missouri House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|
Steve Brown (D)
|Missouri House Of Representatives District 73
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |