For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Governor of Alabama|
The Morgan County Republican Party denounced George last year to try and keep him from running to become a Newt Gingrich delegate to the GOP National Convention. The State Republican party overruled and allowed him to run. The county organization said that George left the party for a few months after a disagreement, badmouthing them as he left. George explained that they had never accepted him. "I’m not their type. I am a real Republican," he said. "I didn’t come to the party like some of the Democrats they have accepted, who crossed over to keep from being defeated in local elections.”
- See also: Alabama Gubernatorial election, 2014
|Governor of Alabama Republican Primary, 2014|
|Robert Bentley Incumbent||89.3%||388,247|
|Election Results via Alabama Secretary of State.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stacy + George + Alabama + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
George is currently on his fourth marriage.
- AL.com, "Alabama's Bentley draws 2014 opposition from man who would be "gun-toting governor,"" accessed August 6, 2013
- Yellowhammer, Bentley draws first challenger, but not anyone you would think, April 11, 2013
- All Alabama, Alabama's Bentley draws 2014 opposition from man who would be "gun-toting governor," April 11, 2013
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|