|Governor of Alabama|
The Morgan County Republican Party denounced George last year to try and keep him from running to become a Newt Gingrich delegate to the GOP National Convention. The State Republican party overruled and allowed him to run. The county organization said that George left the party for a few months after a disagreement, badmouthing them as he left. George explained that they had never accepted him. "I’m not their type. I am a real Republican," he said. "I didn’t come to the party like some of the Democrats they have accepted, who crossed over to keep from being defeated in local elections.”
- See also: Alabama Gubernatorial election, 2014
|Governor of Alabama Republican Primary, 2014|
|Robert Bentley Incumbent||89.3%||388,247|
|Election Results Via:Alabama Secretary of State.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stacy + George + Alabama + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
George is currently on his fourth marriage.
- AL.com, "Alabama's Bentley draws 2014 opposition from man who would be "gun-toting governor,"" accessed August 6, 2013
- Yellowhammer, Bentley draws first challenger, but not anyone you would think, April 11, 2013
- All Alabama, Alabama's Bentley draws 2014 opposition from man who would be "gun-toting governor," April 11, 2013
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|