The State Controlling Board is a joint committee of the Ohio General Assembly. As of January 2011, the President of the board is Randy Cole.
||The Controlling Board provides legislative oversight over certain capital and operating expenditures by state agencies and has approval authority over various other state fiscal activities including:
- Waivers of competitive selection to agencies when an agency's purchases or leases from a specific vendor exceed the amounts specified in law;
- Appropriation releases for capital construction projects;
- Loans and grants made through the Department of Development;
- Loans and subsidies made through the Department of Education to local school districts; and
- The transfer of appropriation authority between line items within a fund in an agency and increases in appropriation authority in some funds.