Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School|
Linares practices law in Chicago. She is a board member of the Independent Attorneys of Illinois Association and a board member for the Chicago Family Auxiliary of the Fraternal Order of Police. Linares also tutors with the Tutoring Chicago Program.
Linares's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the state's unemployment rate is 9.2% - 1.9 percentage points above the national average of 7.3%. Nearly 1 million are unemployed or underemployed."
- Excerpt: "In 2011, Illinois passed a record tax hike that raised personal income tax by 67% and corporate income taxes by 47%. Illinois' unpaid bills totaled $8.5 billion in 2011. Since the tax hike, Illinois gained $25.7 billion in new revenue. Now, three years after the tax hike, our unpaid bills total $9 billion."
- Excerpt: "More than 200,000 Illinois Medicaid enrollees were found to be ineligible for the program - that's nearly 51 percent of people who are receiving Medicaid benefits."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Illinois State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent John J. Cullerton ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Stefanie Linares ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Cullerton and Linares will face off in the general election.
Linares lives in Old Town on the Near North Side of Chicago with her fiance, Ian.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stefanie + Linares + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stefanie Linares State Senate, "About," accessed February 18, 2014
- Stefanie Linares State Senate, "Issues," accessed February 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014