|Kansas House of Representatives District 19|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Emporia State University|
Clayton attended Emporia State University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in History.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Clayton served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Transportation and Public Safety Budget|
|• Utilities and Telecommunications|
Clayton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"She understands not only that our children deserve strong schools, but also that by maintaining high standards, we attract better business growth opportunities for all of Johnson County."
Promote Local Control
- Excerpt:"Stephanie believes in limited government in all aspects, both socially and fiscally."
Keep Taxes Reasonable
- Excerpt:"Stephanie believes in the “three-legged-stool” philosophy of taxation for Kansans."
Protect Local Businesses
- Excerpt:"Stephanie wants to protect businesses from intrusive, burdensome governmental regulations. The fiscal future of Kansas depends on Johnson County remaining as an economic engine, and will back initiatives that promote the county’s role in those endeavors."
Support Alternative Energy
- Excerpt:"Stephanie believes that clean energy solutions not only benefit the quality of life in Johnson County, but also lead to increased efficiency overall. Responsible use of resources keeps costs down, and innovation in this field can also mean more American jobs."
Clayton won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 19. Clayton defeated Bruce Belanger in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Zachary Luea (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 19, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 19 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Clayton and her husband Ben have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Stephanie + Clayton + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Clayton's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Stephanie Clayton on Facebook
- Stephanie Clayton on Twitter
Jim Denning (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|