|Illinois House of Representatives District 84|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alderman, City Of Aurora|
|2003 - Present|
|High school||Wheaton Warrenville South High School|
|Bachelor's||Northern Illinois University|
|Master's||Northern Illinois University|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kifowit served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Appropriations-General Service|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• Economic Development|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
Kifowit's campaign website listed the following issues:
- JOB CREATION
- Excerpt: "I believe that both state and local governments should play a strong role in promoting economic development and job creation. Some ways to do this include providing tax credits and incentives to businesses that hire more employees and by making sure our tax code does not put too large of a burden on Illinois employers. At the state level, I support extending the state’s research and development tax credit and the net operating loss deduction."
- STATE BUDGET
- Excerpt: "A bloated state budget full of wasteful spending shortchanges taxpayers, state vendors and those who depend on state services. I will work to make sure Illinois government starts to live within its means, just like every family has to do when working with their household budget. The General Assembly should review all programs and every expenditure each year to make sure every penny of taxpayer money is spent wisely."
- Excerpt: "We are lucky to have some quality schools in our area, and we need to work to ensure that our schools continue to get better. I will fight to make sure our local school districts receive their fair share of state funding, make sure schools get a share of any new state revenues, and insist that the state and federal governments help pay for any costly mandates they impose."
- Excerpt: "We need to look for more creative solutions, including consolidating different agencies and levels of government, in order to get state spending in line before we ask taxpayers to contribute to even more to a state that does not have its budget under control. I am against raising taxes on the middle class and support repealing the state income tax increase."
- WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE?
- Excerpt: "I plan on being a full-time state representative that will commit every day towards improving Illinois."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 18, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Stephanie Kifowit is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Krishna Bansal is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Kifowit won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 84. Kifowit defeated Alex Arroyo, Ken Maurice and Carole Cheney in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Patricia Fee (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 84, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 84 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kifowit is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kifowit raised a total of $968,464 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|Stephanie Kifowit's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 84||$968,464|
|Grand Total Raised||$968,464|
2012Kifowit won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kifowit raised a total of $968,464.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephanie Kifowit's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$327,041|
|Democratic Party of Illinois||$165,789|
|Friends of Michael J Madigan||$64,561|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$63,000|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$31,970|
|Total Raised in 2012||$968,464|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephanie + Kifowit + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign LinkedIn page
- Campaign blog
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Stephanie Kifowit, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2012
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed December 3, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Kifowit, Stephanie A," accessed July 23, 2013
Tom Cross (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 84
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |