Stephen Bing is a real estate heir. He was a major donor to California's Prop 87 in 2006. According to the Los Angeles Times, the approximately $50 million that Bing spent on the failed initiative was "the biggest single personal investment in a ballot proposition in state history."
Bing donates under his name and his entertainment company (Shangri-La Entertainment) also has been a major donor to political causes.
Since 2000, Bing has given $640,172 to the California Democratic Party.
Political candidates to whom Bing has donated include:
- Dick Durbin, Rahm Emmanuel, Al Franken, Hillary Clinton.
Candidate committees Bing has donated to include:
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
- Los Angeles Times, "Stephen Bing's New Endeavor", February 27, 2007
- Open Secrets, Records of donations from Stephen Bing
- Donors to the William J. Clinton Foundation listed by donation range