|New York State Assembly District 139|
|2006 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||9|
|Minority Whip, New York State Assembly|
|2013 - present|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 2006|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Toledo|
|Profession||Co-Owner, The Insurance Center|
Hawley is co-owner of The Insurance Center. His professional experiences also include owner and operator of Hawley Farms; Ohio Army National Guard; real estate agent; and first lieutenant in the United States Army Reserves.
Hawley earned a BS in education from University of Toledo. He and his wife, Crystal, have four children; Brooks, Dan, Tim, and Cooper.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hawley served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Women Veterans
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hawley served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Women Veterans
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Hawley ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 139. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He defeated Libertarian Mark E. Glogowski in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 139, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stephen Hawley Incumbent||93.2%||39,886|
|Libertarian||Mark E. Glogowski||6.8%||2,919|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 139 2010|
|Stephen Hawley (R)||27,384|
|Christopher Barons (D)||7,426|
On November 4, 2008 Hawley won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 139. He ran unopposed.
Hawley raised $26,711 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 139 2008|
|Stephen Hawley (R)||34,925|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hawley received $58,335 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Hawley's campaign in 2010|
|Genesee County Republican Cmte||$2,000|
|New York State Health Facilities Association||$1,500|
|Harter Secrest & Emery||$1,500|
|Health Care Association Of New York State||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$58,335|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Stephen + Hawley + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Stephen Hawley
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hawley
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly District 139
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |