Revision as of 15:54, 27 December 2012 by Geoff Pallay
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 37|
Hunt received a degree in civil engineering from Duke University. He then served as an officer in the United States Navy.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Hunt's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Economy & Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Steve Hunt believes that government’s role in the economy should be to foster an environment where businesses can flourish and expand their work force."
- Accessible, Responsive Government
- Excerpt: "Government needs to recognize that it works for the people, not the other way around."
- Role of Government
- Excerpt: "Steve believes that government intervention in the economy should be focused on penalizing fraud and preventing practices that harm people, pets and property, not in bureaucrats trying to micromanage industries."
- Excerpt: "Steve favors a solutions-focused approach to Northern Virginia’s transportation problems. This involves taking in-depth look at alternatives rather than merely throwing taxpayer dollars at a problem."
- Excerpt: "Public education should be more customer-focused, with wider school choice, wider choices of programs to meet student learning styles and pace, and an accelerated learning path for students learning English."
- Environment & Energy
- Excerpt: "Steve supports common sense, science-based protection of the environment, that balances the need for environmental protection with the need for energy independence and economic growth."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "Steve is committed to fighting federally imposed nationalized health care programs, including the so-called “public option” and any “reforms” that would diminish the patient’s right to choose their own doctor."
- Individual and Human Rights
- Excerpt: "Life is precious and should be protected from conception to natural death... A key to liberty is the right to private property whether land, possessions or funds."
- Excerpt: "Steve believes we must address the impact of illegal immigrants on Virginia employment through a market-based system."
- Defending Our Men and Women in Military
- Excerpt: "Steve strongly believes that the Commonwealth should do all it can to support our military population, including ensuring that active duty military voters serving overseas do not lose their right to vote and that their votes are counted."
Hunt has a wife, Monique.