Stephen Morris is a Republican member of the Kansas Senate, representing the 39th District since 1992. He has been the President of the Senate since 2004. Previously, from 1977 to 1993, he was the President and Vice-President of the Unified School District 210 Board of Education.
Sen. Morris does not list his issue positions on his website.
Sen. Morris serves on these legislative committees:
- Interstate Cooperation (chair)
- Joint Committee on Legislative Coordinating Council (chair)
- Organization, Calendar and Rules (chair)
- Joint Committee on Pensions, Investments and Benefits (vice-chair)
- Federal and State Affairs
- Natural Resources
Recent legislation sponsored or co-sponsored by Sen. Morris includes:
- An amendment to create a budget stabilization fund
Some of the top contributors to Sen. Morris's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics:
- Kansas for Quality Mental Health Services, Astrazeneca, Kansas Association of Realtors, Westlink Communications, Heavy Constructors Association
Financial, insurance and real estate companies were his largest donor group.
- Kansas Senate Biography
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign contributions: 2004, 2006, 2008
- Sen. Morris's website