|Utah House of Representatives District 58|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Councilman, City of Orem|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University, 1990|
|Date of birth||March 18, 1964|
|Place of birth||Provo, Utah|
|Profession||Principal Architect, Sandstrom Associates Architecture|
Sandstrom served as Precinct Chair of the Utah County Republican Party from 1996 to 1998. He also served as a Councilman for the City of Orem from 1993 to 2006. Sandstrom joined the Utah State House of Representatives in 2007. He has served in that position since, representing the 58th District.
Sandstrom was a Draftsman for Sandstrom Associates Architecture from 1984 to 1987. He then worked for Arjay Medical as a Corporate Pilot from 1987 to 1989. From 1990 to 1992, he was a Pilot/First Officer for Skywest Airlines. Sandstrom then worked as an Architect for Sandstrom Associates Architecture from 1993 to 1996. He then worked for United States Airways Air Express as a Captain from 1998 to 2002. From 1995 to 2008, he was the President of Sandstrom Associates Architecture.
Sandstrom earned his BA in Political Science from Brigham Young University in 1990.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sandstrom served on the following committees:
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee, Utah House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Political Subdivisions Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environmental Quality Appropriations
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Sandstrom served on the following committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, Utah House
- Retirement and Independent Entities Committee, Utah House
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah House
|Utah House of Representatives, District 58 General Election (2010)|
|Stephen Sandstrom (R)||5,242|
|Steve Baugh (D)||3,176|
Sandstrom raised $36,201 for his campaign while Baugh raised $47,312.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 58 (2008)|
|Stephen Sandstrom (R)||7,275|
|Steve Baugh (D)||4,858|
In 2010, Sandstrom received $40,499 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Sandstrom's campaign in 2010|
|Sandstrom, Stephen Eric||$10,000|
|Utah County Republican Party||$3,500|
|Clark, David L||$2,000|
|Utah Association Of Collectors||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$40,499|
Sandstrom raised $36,201 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Sandstrom & Associates Architecture||$5,000|
|Utah House Republican Elections Committee||$2,500|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Stephen Sandstrom received a score of 92% in the 2012 scorecard.
Sandstrom and his wife, Jennie, have four children.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Utah Lieutenant Governor - Candidate filings
- Deseretnews.com, "Sandstrom announces bid for Utah's new congressional district seat," November 14, 2011
- Utah House of Representatives election results
- 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- Campaign contributors to Stephen Sandstrom
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session," accessed March 29, 2014
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Sutherland Institute Legislative Scorecard," accessed March 29, 2014
|Utah House of Representatives District 58
| Succeeded by|