Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho House of Representatives District 15B|
|Bachelor's||Marketing, State University of New York-Albany|
|Master's||MBA, University of Minnesota|
Berch's campaign website described the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Idaho ranks 49th in the nation for per capita personal income. I will work to make Idaho more competitive with other states so we can keep good paying jobs in Boise – and bring new ones here."
- Excerpt: "Education is the foundation for sustained economic growth in Idaho. Idaho ranks at the bottom of states for students attending and graduating college. I will work to make Idaho among the most admired for the quality of its education systems (public and higher)."
- Excerpt: "Government should not force unnecessary medical procedures on anyone – and never against their will. This is not the role of government. The legislature is threatening to pass the mandatory ultrasound bill in 2013. I will work to defeat this legislation which is an affront to all women."
- Excerpt: "We must maintain the public’s trust in government. Elected officials and their appointees should be held to the highest standards of ethical conduct. I support the creation of an independent Ethics Commission (similar to what over 40 other states have adopted)."
- Excerpt: "You have the right to know the industrial chemicals being put in your drinking water. The Idaho Legislature allowed industry lobbyists to write their own rules. These rules permitted the oil and gas industry to inject potential cancer-causing chemicals in your drinking water without having to disclose what those chemicals are. I will work to better balance the needs of industry with the safety of our citizens."
Berch ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 15B. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15 and was defeated by Mark Patterson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 15B, General Election, 2012|
Berch was a Democratic candidate for District 14B in the Idaho House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010 state legislative elections. He was unopposed in the primary on May 25th. He lost to Republican Reed DeMordaunt in the general election on November 2, 2010.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Berch + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign LinkedIn page
- Berch's 2010campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Berch's 2010 Campaign Facebook
- Steve Berch, "I Believe...," accessed October 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results