Difference between revisions of "Steve Doyle"
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
|Committee2 = Insurance
|Committee2 = Insurance
Revision as of 17:00, 27 March 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 94|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||May 3, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Doyle was an attorney in private practice and a professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse before his election, and served on the La Crosse County Board for 25 years. 
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Doyle served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Doyle served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Tourism, Recreation and State Properties|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Doyle won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 94. Doyle ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Bruce Evers (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Steve Doyle Incumbent||60.6%||18,566|
On his 2011 campaign site, Doyle detailed his key policy positions:
- Job Creation and Retention: "As Chair of the County Board, one of my priorities was to ensure that La Crosse County continued to grow--even in a difficult economy. That is why I worked to establish the development of the Lakeview Business Park. Lakeview Business Park has helped create hundreds of new jobs in our area and allowed for the retention of hundreds of jobs, which could have been lost in this economic downturn. The development of Lakeview also shows how private/public partnerships can and should work. This project was a collaboration of La Crosse County, Village of West Salem, La Crosse Area Development Corporation, Xcel Energy and CenturyTel. We need more of this collaboration in Madison, and I will continue the work Ive done to enhance job growth in our area--working not only with government entities, but with our private sector partners."
- Accountability with our Tax Dollars: "La Crosse County taxes are the 5th lowest in Wisconsin, something I worked diligently to protect as County Board Chair. I worked to develop innovative solutions to keep services without raising property taxes--and in many cases even saved taxpayer dollars. One way La Crosse county was able to keep taxes lower was by creating the Mississippi Valley Health Services, which runs the Lakeview Health Facility. This consortium is saving La Crosse county taxpayers over $1.2 million per year, while protecting a needed service. With the state budget reaching record high deficits, we need leaders who will look for the innovative solution to the problem--not just what is easiest. Innovative and accountable solutions not only work, but save our tax dollars. I’ll bring this leadership to Madison."
Doyle for Assembly
N5525 Hauser Rd.
Onalaska, Wisconsin 54650
Phone: (608) 345-2372
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Doyle and his wife, Gloria, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Steven + Doyle + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Steve Doyle campaign homepage
- Steve Doyle Facebook page
- Campaign YouTube Channel
- Campaign Picasa Web Albums
- 8 WKBT, "Getting to know the candidates of the 94th Assembly District," Apr 12, 2011 (Candidate Roundtable, Includes Video)
- WKBT "3 Wis. lawmakers bid adieu to take jobs with gov", January 3, 2011
- Campaign homepage, Bio
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Governor Orders Special Elections for Three Assembly Seats," February 23, 2011
- LaCrosse Tribune, "It's Lautz versus Doyle in 94th Assembly," April 6, 2011
- WKBT.com, "Dem wins Wis. Assembly seat previously held by GOP," May 3, 2011
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 94
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |