|Wisconsin State Assembly District 94|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||May 3, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Doyle was an attorney in private practice and a professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse before his election, and served on the La Crosse County Board for 25 years.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Doyle served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Doyle served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Tourism, Recreation and State Properties|
Doyle's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Job Creation and Retention: "As Chair of the County Board, one of my priorities was to ensure that La Crosse County continued to grow--even in a difficult economy. That is why I worked to establish the development of the Lakeview Business Park. Lakeview Business Park has helped create hundreds of new jobs in our area and allowed for the retention of hundreds of jobs, which could have been lost in this economic downturn. The development of Lakeview also shows how private/public partnerships can and should work. This project was a collaboration of La Crosse County, Village of West Salem, La Crosse Area Development Corporation, Xcel Energy and CenturyTel. We need more of this collaboration in Madison, and I will continue the work Ive done to enhance job growth in our area--working not only with government entities, but with our private sector partners."
- Accountability with our Tax Dollars: "La Crosse County taxes are the 5th lowest in Wisconsin, something I worked diligently to protect as County Board Chair. I worked to develop innovative solutions to keep services without raising property taxes--and in many cases even saved taxpayer dollars. One way La Crosse county was able to keep taxes lower was by creating the Mississippi Valley Health Services, which runs the Lakeview Health Facility. This consortium is saving La Crosse county taxpayers over $1.2 million per year, while protecting a needed service. With the state budget reaching record high deficits, we need leaders who will look for the innovative solution to the problem--not just what is easiest. Innovative and accountable solutions not only work, but save our tax dollars. I’ll bring this leadership to Madison."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Steve Doyle was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tracie Happel was unopposed in the Republican primary. Doyle and Happel faced off in the general election. Incumbent Doyle defeated Happel in the general election, and was re-elected for another term.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 94 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Steve Doyle Incumbent||54.1%||13,670|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Doyle won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 94. Doyle ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Bruce Evers (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Steve Doyle Incumbent||60.6%||18,566|
Comprehensive donor information for Doyle is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Doyle raised a total of $190,096 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|Steve Doyle's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 94||$62,900|
|2011||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 94||$127,196|
|Grand Total Raised||$190,096|
2012Doyle won re-election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Doyle raised a total of $62,900.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Doyle's campaign in 2012|
|La Crosse County Democratic Party||$1,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 139||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$62,900|
|Source: Follow the Money|
2011Doyle won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Doyle raised a total of $127,196.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Doyle's campaign in 2011|
|Wisconsin Democratic Party||$3,000|
|Freedland, Maureen F||$700|
|Wood, Margaret A||$625|
|Total Raised in 2011||$127,196|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Doyle and his wife, Gloria, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Steven + Doyle + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Assembly Office Website
- Steve Doyle campaign homepage
- Steve Doyle Facebook page
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Picasa Web Albums (Archive)
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2011
- WKBT, "3 Wis. lawmakers bid adieu to take jobs with gov," January 3, 2011
- Campaign homepage, "Bio," accessed May 6, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall Partisan Primary," accessed May 5, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall General Election," accessed May 5, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Governor Orders Special Elections for Three Assembly Seats," February 23, 2011
- LaCrosse Tribune, "It's Lautz versus Doyle in 94th Assembly," April 6, 2011
- WKBT.com, "Dem wins Wis. Assembly seat previously held by GOP," May 3, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Doyle, Steve," accessed June 7, 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 94
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |