Wisconsin Assembly District 94
Doyle is an attorney in private practice and a professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin at La Crosse. He has served on the La Crosse County Board for 25 years. He is married to his wife, Gloria. They have two children.
On his 2011 campaign site, Craig details his key policy positions:
- Job Creation and Retention: "As Chair of the County Board, one of my priorities was to ensure that La Crosse County continued to grow--even in a difficult economy. That is why I worked to establish the development of the Lakeview Business Park. Lakeview Business Park has helped create hundreds of new jobs in our area and allowed for the retention of hundreds of jobs, which could have been lost in this economic downturn. The development of Lakeview also shows how private/public partnerships can and should work. This project was a collaboration of La Crosse County, Village of West Salem, La Crosse Area Development Corporation, Xcel Energy and CenturyTel. We need more of this collaboration in Madison, and I will continue the work Ive done to enhance job growth in our area--working not only with government entities, but with our private sector partners."
- Accountability with our Tax Dollars: "La Crosse County taxes are the 5th lowest in Wisconsin, something I worked diligently to protect as County Board Chair. I worked to develop innovative solutions to keep services without raising property taxes--and in many cases even saved taxpayer dollars. One way La Crosse county was able to keep taxes lower was by creating the Mississippi Valley Health Services, which runs the Lakeview Health Facility. This consortium is saving La Crosse county taxpayers over $1.2 million per year, while protecting a needed service. With the state budget reaching record high deficits, we need leaders who will look for the innovative solution to the problem--not just what is easiest. Innovative and accountable solutions not only work, but save our tax dollars. I’ll bring this leadership to Madison."
Doyle for Assembly
N5525 Hauser Rd.
Onalaska, Wisconsin 54650
Phone: (608) 345-2372
- Steve Doyle campaign homepage
- Steve Doyle Facebook page
- Campaign YouTube Channel
- Campaign Picasa Web Albums
- 8 WKBT, "Getting to know the candidates of the 94th Assembly District," Apr 12, 2011 (Candidate Roundtable, Includes Video)
- WKBT "3 Wis. lawmakers bid adieu to take jobs with gov", January 3, 2011
- Campaign homepage, Bio
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Governor Orders Special Elections for Three Assembly Seats," February 23, 2011
- LaCrosse Tribune, "It's Lautz versus Doyle in 94th Assembly," April 6, 2011
- WKBT.com, "Dem wins Wis. Assembly seat previously held by GOP," May 3, 2011