|Minnesota House of Representatives District 21B|
|2007 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||August 7, 2007|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin|
|Master's||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||November 27, 1964|
|Place of birth||Winona, MN|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Decor and Gift Shopping|
Drazkowski is Co-Owner of Decor and Gift Shopping. He previously served as Minnesota Field Director for Whitetails Unlimited, Agriculture Educator at University of Minnesota Extension Service, County Extension Agriculture Agent for Hinckley, and a marketing employee for the Vision Design Group, Incorporated.
Drazkowski is a member of Ducks Unlimited, Frontenac Sportsmen's Club, Lake City Sportsmen's Club, Midwest Forage Association, Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life, Minnesota Deer Hunters Association, National Future Farmers of America Alumni Association, National Rifle Association, Saint Felix Catholic Church, and the Southeast Minnesota Agricultural Alliance.
He is married and has one child.
Drazkowski's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"It is time for Minnesota to be a leader in establishing energy independence, not simply establishing an energy standard. Minnesota’s working families are paying more than ever before for energy – and there are no signs of that trend reversing."
- Excerpt:"State mandates threaten the ability of our schools to provide high quality education at reasonable funding levels. Steve strongly favors reducing state mandates for schools, simplifying the state’s funding formulas to make them easier for all to understand, increasing local school board control, and introducing performance pay for teachers."
- Excerpt:"Marriage is a time-tested and sacred institution between one man and one woman. Steve firmly believes that Minnesotans should be given the opportunity to vote upon the constitutional definition of marriage for our state."
- Excerpt:"Steve highly values gun ownership, personal protection, and the second amendment. He believes that our right to own and bear arms shall not be infringed, period."
- Excerpt:"Draz believes that personal choice and personal responsibility have been removed from our system, creating a government-driven momentum for health care price increases."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Drazkowski served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
|• Judiciary Finance and Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Drazkowski served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Civil Law, Vice-chair|
|• Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Policy and Finance|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Drazkowski served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Civil Justice|
|• Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs|
|• Environment Policy and Oversight|
|• Public Safety Policy and Oversight|
Drazkowski won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 21A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Bruce Montplaisir (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 21B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Steve Drazkowski Incumbent||58%||11,759|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 28B (2010)|
|Mark A. Schneider (DFL)||5,160||34.77%|
|Steve Drazkowski (R)||9,669||65.15%|
Steve Drazkowski raised $33,422 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 28B (2008)|
|Steve Drazkowski (R)||10980||54.75%|
|Linda Pfeilsticker (DFL)||9050||45.13%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Drazkowski received $32,542 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Drazkowski's campaign in 2010|
|Cummins, Robert & Joan||$1,000|
|Roschen, Jim & Deb||$500|
|Winona County Republicans 20158||$450|
|Jones, Doug & Staughton, Mary||$422|
|Total Raised in 2010||$32,542|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Steve Drazkowski's 2008 campaign.
- Steve Drazkowski's campaign website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Drazkowski
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Steve Drazkowski on Facebook
- Steve Drazkowski on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Drazkowski
- "draz," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Drazkowski's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
Paul Torkelson (R)
|Minnesota State House District 21B
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State House District 28B
| Succeeded by|
Gregory Davids (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |