|Wisconsin State Assembly District 51|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Offset Press Operator, Inkwell Printers|
Hilgenberg announced on April 28, 2010, that he will not seek re-election because of health issues.
Hilgenberg has worked as an offset press operator and owner of Inkwell Printers, a printer with Green Briar Paper and Graphics, and was a specialist in the United States Army.
He is a member of Post 7345 - Dodgeville Veterans of Foreign Wars, Iowa County Democratic Party, and the Wisconsin Farmers Union.
- Education Committee
- Renewable Energy and Rural Affairs Committee
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee (Chair)
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Hilgenberg did not seek re-election in 2010.
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-65 Justice of the Supreme Court: laws revised for public financing of campaigns for office of; amount of the individual income tax checkoff for WECF increased
- AB-195 Volunteer Health Care Provider Program: chiropractors, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, massage therapists, acupuncturists, and phlebotomists may participate
- AB-286 Professional employer organization (PEO) and professional employer group (PEG): registration renewal by July 31 of each year; use of titles or providing services without registering with DRL prohibited
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Hilgenberg's 2008 campaign were party organizations and individuals:
|Democratic Party of Sauk County||$1,000|
|Assembly Democratic Campaign Cmte||$773|
- Representative Hilgenberg's campaign
- Representative Hilgenberg's website
- Official website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Steve Hilgenberg
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Hilgenberg's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Hilgenberg on Wisconsin Eye
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 51
| Succeeded by|
Howard Marklein (R)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |