|Alabama House of Representatives District 35|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Talladega High School|
|Profession||Georgia Pacific Corporation|
Hurst currently works with the Georgia Pacific Corporation.
He is a member of the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce, and Talladega County Chamber of Commerce.
Hurst served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agribusiness
- Children and Senior Advocacy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Financial Services Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Services
Hurst did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 35 General Election (2010)|
|Steve Hurst (D)||6,722|
|Steven M. Dean (R)||6,295|
Hurst raised $106,009 for his campaign, while Robinson raised $0.
|Alabama State House, District 35 (2006)|
|Steve Hurst (D)||7,574|
|Lonnie C. Robinson (R)||3,166|
In 2010, Hurst raised $172,662 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alliance For Conservative Leadership||$50,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$11,000|
|Alabama Education Association||$9,778|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$8,834|
In 2006, Hurst collected $106,009 in donations.
Below are Hurst's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Farmers Federation||$17,563|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$14,500|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Steve + Hurst + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Hurst and his wife Linda have three children.
- Steve Hurst's campaign website
- Alabama Legislature - Steve Hurst
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- 4 Alabama lawmakers jump from Democratic Party to GOP in post-election switch
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hurst
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hurst Issue Positions
- Mitt Romney Central, "Alabama Leaders Support Mitt Romney," October 21, 2011
- Statewide general election results
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 35
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|