|New York State Assembly District 95|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Cornell University, 1976|
Katz held a private veterinary practice for 21 years and been involved with the opening of area veterinary hospitals, including one that he and his wife opened. He holds a B.S. in Animal Science from Cornell University and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania. He and his wife Nicole have four daughters and live in Yorktown.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Katz served on the following committees:
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Katz ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 94. He defeated Dario Gristina in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He defeated Andrew I. Falk in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Andrew I. Falk||54.3%||29,578|
|New York State Assembly, District 94 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Stephen Katz Incumbent||64.3%||1,623|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Katz was endorsed by:
- West Chester Tea Party 
|New York State Assembly, District 99, 2010 General Election|
|Steve Katz (R)||20,709|
|Brendan Tully (D)||16,397|
|Jim Borkowski (C)||5,514|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Katz, raised a total of $199,492 in campaign contributions.
His largest six campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Bock, Robert T||$1,000|
|Somers Republican Town Cmte||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Steve + Katz + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Kenneth Zebrowski (D)
|New York Assembly District 94
| Succeeded by|
Greg Ball (R)
|New York Assembly District 99
| Succeeded by|
James G. Skoufis (D)