|Illinois State Senate District 34|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
Stadelman has been a news anchor/reporter for WTVO-TV Channel 17 since May 1987. He earned his BA in journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Stadelman's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Job creation and development are a top priority. Steve believes in an innovative approach to jobs, one that emphasizes the natural connection to education. The Rockford area continues to have one of the highest unemployment rates in the state, and Steve offers a series of strategies for creating jobs that also involves downtown redevelopment, transportation improvements and incentives for small businesses..."
- The Budget
- Excerpt: "Fixing budgetary problems requires a multifaceted approach. Steve believes in the collective bargaining rights of public employees, but he recognizes that reform must come from negotiation and the sharing of sacrifices. He will fight for budget solutions that benefit the middle class..."
- Good Government
- Excerpt: "As a television reporter and news anchor, Steve spent 25 years advocating for viewers’ interests and keeping a watchful eye on government. He will do the same for voters in the 34th District as State Senator. Steve believes in legislative accountability, and he supports abolishing the abused legislative scholarship program."
- Excerpt: "As the father of four children, Steve Stadelman has a specific interest in assuring high-quality public education. He will fight to get schools the resources they need. Steve believes that we need to do a better job of preparing our students for college and careers because there’s no better investment in our future."
- Excerpt: "Older adults deserve to have affordable and reliable health care, financial security and a dignified quality of life. Steve believes in the rights of seniors."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Stadelman is running in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 34. Stadelman defeated Dan Lewandowski, Glenn Patterson and Marla Wilson in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Dave Syverson is not running for re-election in District 34. Stadelman will face Republican Frank Gambino in the general on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate Democratic Primary, 2012|
Stadelman's campaign website lists the following endorsements:
- Nancy Kalchbrenner, Former President, Rockford Board of Education
- Mary Jo Powers, Rockford
- Stephen Goers, Rockford
Stadelman is married and has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Stadelman + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Steve Stadelman on LinkedIn
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Campaign YouTube
- LinkedIn, "Steve Stadelman," accessed January 11, 2012
- Steve Stadelman, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- [ Steve Stadelman, "Steve's Supporters," accessed October 21, 2012]