|Arizona House of Representatives District 22|
|January 10, 2011-2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Vice Mayor, Gilbert Town Council|
|Associate's||Ohlone Community College, 1976|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University, 1979|
|Master's||University of Arizona, 1982|
|Profession||President/Designated Broker, Mesa Verde Property Management Incorporated|
Urie earned his A.A. in Law Enforcement from Ohlone Community College in 1976, his B.S. in Business Management/Marketing/Finance from Brigham Young University in 1979, and his M.B.A. in Management Information Systems from the University of Arizona in 1982. Urie is a former redevelopment commissioner. He is currently president/designated broker of Mesa Verde Property Management Incorporated.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Urie served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Water Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Government Committee, Arizona House of Representatives, Vice Chair
Urie faced Paul Howell, Brett Petillo, Eddie Farnsworth, and incumbent Laurin Hendrix in the August 24 primary. Farnsworth and Urie advanced with 16,725 and 9,933 votes, respectively. Farnsworth and Urie won unopposed in the general election on November 2.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 22 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Eddie Farnsworth (R)||15,134|
|Steve Urie (R)||8,915|
|Laurin Hendrix (R)||8,431|
|Kelly Townsend (R)||4,967|
|Paul Howell (R)||3,408|
|Brett Petillo (R)||3,018|
In 2010, Urie raised $36,657 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Urie, Steven R||$17,662|
|Arizona Education Association||$1,000|
|Arizona Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
The Goldwater Institute releases its "Legislative Report Card" annually for all Arizona legislators. This report card tracks how legislators voted on key votes and assigns them a letter grade based on how closely their votes agree with the Institute's positions. The primary values emphasized in the ratings are whether votes expand or restrict liberty.
Urie received a score of 64 out of 100 in the 2012 report card for a grade of B according to the Goldwater Institute’s grading scale. This score was 1 lower than his score on the 2011 report card. Urie’s 64 in 2012 was tied for the 22nd highest grade among all 60 Arizona State Representatives.
Urie and his wife Renae have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Urie + Arizona + House" Steve Urie News Feed
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Goldwater Institute, "2012 Legislative Report Card for Arizona's 50th Legislature, First Regular Session," August 15, 2012
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Arizona Elected Officials," February 2, 2012
|Arizona House, District 22
| Succeeded by|