|New York State Assembly District 45|
|2001 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||14|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Long Island University Charles William Post Campus|
|J.D.||Brooklyn Law School|
Cymbrowitz's professional experiences include director of housing and community development, Metropolitan New York; coordinating council on Jewish poverty; assistant commissioner for Division of Housing Production Finance, New York City Department Housing Preservation and Development; assistant commissioner for Division of Homeless Housing Development; deputy commissioner for Development at Housing Preservation and Development; director of intergovernmental relations, New York City Housing Authority; and executive director of North Brooklyn Development Corporation.
Cymbrowitz earned his BA from Long Island University Charles William Post Campus; MA in social work from Adelphi University; and JD from Brooklyn Law School. He is married to Vilma Huertas. 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cymbrowitz has been appointed to the following committees:
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Catastrophic Natural Disasters
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cymbrowitz served on the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Shoreline Protection
- Subcommittee on Catastrophic Natural Disasters
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Cymbrowitz is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 45. He defeated Ben Akselrod in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012; Akselrod won the Independence Party of New York State primary. He is also running on the Working Families Party ticket. Russell C. Gallo ran unopposed in the Republican primary; he is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Steven Cymbrowitz Incumbent||54.1%||1,922|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Cymbrowitz ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Joseph Hayon (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 45 2010|
|Steven Cymbrowitz (D)||9,403|
|Joseph Hayon (R)||6,860|
On November 4, 2008 Cymbrowitz won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 45. He ran unopposed.
Cymbrowitz raised $105,364 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 45 2008|
|Steven Cymbrowitz (D)||21,873|
In 2010, Cymbrowitz received $119,333 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steven Cymbrowitz's campaign in 2010|
|New York Commercial Realty LLC||$4,800|
|Tops Liquor Supermarket||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$119,333|
In 2008, a year in which Cymbrowitz was up for election, he collected $105,364 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|ASA Institute of Business & Computer Technology||$3,800|
|5661 Partners LLC||$3,800|
|West Park Associates||$3,800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Steven + Cymbrowitz + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Steven Cymbrowitz
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cymbrowitz
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Steven Cymbrowitz
|New York Assembly - District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |