|New York State Assembly District 4|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Englebright's professional experiences include director of the Museum of Long Island Natural Sciences, State University of New York and curator of geologic collections for the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Englebright earned a BS from University of Tennessee and a MS in paleontology and sedimentology from the State University of New York at Stony Brook. He and his wife, June Trent, have two children; Christina Marie and Jennifer Lynn.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Englebright has been appointed to the following committees:
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Englebright served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
In 2008, a year in which Englebright was up for re-election, he collected $76,401 in donations.
|New York State United Teachers||$2,150|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,000|
|New York State Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$2,000|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Englebright ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. Englebright defeated Deborah McKee (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 4 2010|
|Steven Englebright (D)||20,446|
|Deborah McKee (R)||15,972|
On November 4, 2008 Steven Englebright won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 4, defeating opponent Bruce Bennett (R).
Englebright raised $76,401 for his campaign while Bennett raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 4 2008|
|Steven Englebright (D)||34,760|
|Bruce Bennett (R)||17,831|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Steven Englebright
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |