North Carolina House of Representatives, District 34
Henion ran in the 2010 election for North Carolina State House District 34. Henion was defeated by Democratic Grier Martin in the general election on November 2, 2010. Henion defeated Brian Tinga, Joseph Ross, and James Earp in the Repubulican primary election on May 4, 2010.
|North Carolina House of Representatives May 4 Republican Primary, District 34, 2010|
|Steven Henion (R)||1,637|
Henion's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I will work just as hard-- for all our citizens-- to make job creation and improving our economy a top priority. And that means working to keep our taxes low, directing more resources to create jobs and promote industry growth while cutting unnecessary red tape and regulations on businesses."
- Excerpt: "When I am elected, you have my word that I will go to work every day for you to promote policies that cut wasteful spending."
- Excerpt: "Education is important to the future of our state and it's important to families, businesses and leaders. Education reform starts with providing a quality education for all-- without cutting services like the General Assembly recently did."
- Excerpt: "I will fight against tax increases, and will work equally hard to reform our tax code so that we spur job creation and entrepreneurship-- and keep North Carolina competitive in a tough global economy."
- Steven Henion's official campaign website
- North Carolina Department of Elections
- Official Project Vote Smart Bio