Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 51|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Michigan University|
|Master's||Eastern Michigan University|
|Profession||Special education teacher|
Losey is a special education teacher with a B.S. in Special Education and an M.A. in Learning Disabilities, both from Eastern Michigan University.
Losey is running in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 51. He defeated Ryan Starski in the Democratic primary on August 7, 2012. Incumbent Joseph Graves defeated John Lauve in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 51 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Losey said he was running due to his belief in "the Middle Class, Public Education, protecting our Seniors and protecting our families." He said his "top priorities will be Accessibility and Accountability."
2012 special election
On January 20, the District 51 candidates participated in a debate sponsored by the Flint Area League of Women Voters.
- A video of the full debate can be found here.
Losey and his wife Laura have been married since 1993, and have three children.
- MLive, "Steven Losey tapped as Democratic candidate for special election to replace recalled former Rep. Paul Scott," December 01, 2011
- Detroit Free Press, "Michigan Republicans vow to reclaim seat of recalled state Rep. Paul Scott," November 9, 2011
- MLive, "Election 2012: Steve Losey to face Ryan Starski in 51st District Democratic primary," August 4, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/election/candlist/12PRI/12PRI_CL.HTM Michigan Secretary of State, 2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing, retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- MLive, "Art Reyes, Democrat who lost to Paul Scott in 2010, considering running in special election," November 10, 2011
- Genesee County Elections Dept., Official Candidate List, December 20, 2011
- Michigan Secretary of State, 51st District, Unofficial election results, accessed February 29, 2012
- MLive, "Candidates looking to replace former House Rep. Paul Scott in 51st District debate in Grand Blanc," January 20, 2012
- Fenton Patch, "Meet the Candidates: Steven Losey", February 23, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |