Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Minnesota, District 8|
Mills came under fire for pictures of him partying that were published on the Minneapolis City Pages in November 2013. One of the pictures showed him drinking from a beer bong. Another picture showed him licking the lips of an unidentified woman. The pictures were said to have originated from his wife's Facebook account and were taken down prior to his run for office. Mills released a statement on November 22, 2013. He said, "It's no secret that in the past I've let my hair down to have fun with family and friends. My wife and I have had many lighthearted moments in our lives but right now I am focused on my Congressional campaign and the disastrous effects of our overreaching government and sky high unemployment in the north eastern Minnesota [sic]."
Mills is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Minnesota's 8th District. Mills is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
The National Republican Congressional Committee added Mills to their "On the Radar" list in November 2013. According to the NRCC, candidates that make this list receive "...the tools they need to run successful, winning campaigns against their Democratic opponents."
Mills was endorsed by the following Minnesota state legislators:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stewart + Mills + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Minnesota's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Minnesota's 8th Congressional District
- Minneapolis City Pages, "Stewart Mills, GOP congressional candidate, hits a beer bong [PHOTOS", accessed November 23, 2013]
- Minnesota Public Radio "Stewart Mills to run for 8th Dist. seat," Accessed July 17, 2013
- Roll Call, "House Republicans Put 36 Recruits ‘On the Radar’" accessed November 21, 2013
- Politics in Minnesota, "Stewart Mills announces GOP endorsements for CD 8 bid", accessed November 23, 2013