Sue E. Boldra
|Sue E. Boldra|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 111|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Canton High School|
Boldra has taught in public schools since 1971. She attended McPherson College, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Education.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Boldra served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Energy and Environment|
|• Utilities and Telecommunications|
Boldra's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:" I will be a champion of agricultural interests in the Kansas Senate."
Protecting Small Business
- Excerpt:"We must secure an environment conducive to job creation and entrepreneurship, an environment in which our sons and daughters can generate a prosperous future for their families, and a place where home ownership is the rule rather than the exception."
- Excerpt:"I believe that we should be committed to exploring alternative energies that take advantage of the innovative capacity that Americans possess. The need to find alternative."
- Excerpt:"It is only through education that we can keep our economy strong and our form of government secure."
- Excerpt:"I pledge to work tirelessly to ensure that rural health care facilities and their staff receive all of the resources that they need so Kansans get the best care possible."
Boldra won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 111. She was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated incumbent Eber E. Phelps (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 110, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Eber Phelps Incumbent||45%||4,387|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Boldra and her husband Carl have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Sue + Boldra + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Boldra's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Sue Boldra on Facebook
- Sue Boldra on Twitter
- "sueboldra," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
Eber Phelps (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 111
| Succeeded by|