|Illinois State Senate District 38|
|December 2010 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Co-owner/Manager, Real Estate Company|
Rezin was initially elected to District 75 of the Illinois House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010 elections, but was selected to replace Sen. Gary Dahl in December and never served in the House.
She manages her family's real estate company. She also serves on the boards of the Morris Hospital Foundation, We Care of Grundy County, and the Community Foundation of Greater Grundy County, for which she is also vice president. She is also a member of the Gary Dahl Charity Foundation Board, which supports non-profits in her district. Rezin is a graduate of Augustana College. She and her husband, Keith, have four children.
Rezin's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Repeal Quinn Tax
- Excerpt: "I will continue to fight to repeal the Democrat's lame duck tax increase, which has resulted in Illinois losing tens of thousands of jobs."
- Jobs Plan
- Excerpt: "Illinois' path to solvency starts with a successful jobs plan."
- A True Reformer
- Excerpt: "Rezin Asked to Tackle Unemployment Insurance Reform."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rezin has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Appropriations II Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Rezin is running for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 38 in the 2012 election. Rezin is running unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 75 (2010)|
|Sue Rezin (R)||23,454||56.75%|
|Careen M. Gordon (D)||17,876||43.25%|
In 2010, Rezin raised $385,520 in contributions. 
Her four largest contributors were:
|House Republican Organization Of Illinois||$94,217|
|Citizens To Elect Tom Cross||$48,400|
|Illinois Republican Party||$24,301|
|K & S Real Estate LLC||$19,515|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sue + Rezin + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Rezin's facebook
|Illinois Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|