|Illinois State Senate District 38|
|December 2010 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Co-owner/Manager, Real Estate Company|
Rezin was initially elected to District 75 of the Illinois House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010 elections, but was selected to replace Sen. Gary Dahl in December and never served in the House.
She manages her family's real estate company. She also serves on the boards of the Morris Hospital Foundation, We Care of Grundy County, and the Community Foundation of Greater Grundy County, for which she is also vice president. She is also a member of the Gary Dahl Charity Foundation Board, which supports non-profits in her district. Rezin is a graduate of Augustana College. She and her husband, Keith, have four children.
Rezin's campaign website lists the following issues::
- Repeal Quinn Tax
- Excerpt: "I will continue to fight to repeal the Democrat's lame duck tax increase, which has resulted in Illinois losing tens of thousands of jobs. Due to the tax increase, businesses and citizens are leaving Illinois at an alarming rate."
- Jobs Plan
- Excerpt: "Illinois' path to solvency starts with a successful jobs plan. Today, Illinois faces a catastrophe…with profound implications for the next generation – a fiscal crisis that is unprecedented in state history."
- A True Reformer
- Excerpt: "Rezin appointed to serve on the Unemployment Insurance Task Force to identify and recommend policy alternatives to address the burgeoning debt plaguing the state’s unemployment insurance trust fund."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rezin has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Appropriations II Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Rezin ran for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 38 in the 2012 election. Rezin was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Democrat Christine Benson in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 75 (2010)|
|Sue Rezin (R)||23,454||56.75%|
|Careen M. Gordon (D)||17,876||43.25%|
In 2010, Rezin raised $385,520 in contributions. 
Her four largest contributors were:
|House Republican Organization Of Illinois||$94,217|
|Citizens To Elect Tom Cross||$48,400|
|Illinois Republican Party||$24,301|
|K & S Real Estate LLC||$19,515|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Sue + Rezin + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Sue+Rezin+Illinois+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Sue Rezin News Feed
- Campaign website
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Rezin's facebook
- Ottawa Delivered, "Rezin replaces Dahl in state Senate," December 16, 2010
- Sue Rezin, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2012
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Illinois Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno and Five State Senators," March 13, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- 2010 contributions
|Illinois Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|