|U.S. House, California, District 45|
|Mayor, City of Irvine|
|Bachelor's||Korea University, 1977|
|Birthday||September 15, 1952|
|Place of birth||South Korea|
Kang's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Creating Jobs and Getting Our Economy Moving Again
- Excerpt: "The current recession has impacted every American while Congress plays partisan games to protect their own jobs. We were losing 700,000 jobs per month when the President took office and although we have begun to climb back more must be done to help businesses grow and create good-paying jobs."
- Fiscal Responsibility and Balancing the Budget
- Excerpt: "There is a lot of talk in Washington about balancing the budget. As Mayor of Irvine, I balanced the budget in the depths of the worst recession in recent times. Two things enabled me to balance the budget – financial discipline during tough times and the foresight to build a reserve fund during better times. These are the same common sense principles that must be applied to balancing our federal budget."
- Protecting Social Security and Medicare
- Excerpt: "Our seniors paid into Social Security and Medicare throughout their working lives and are entitled to receive the benefits that they have been promised and deserve."
- Improving Education and Opportunity
- Excerpt: "Our country is falling behind in the race to prepare students to enter an educated workforce that can compete in the 21st century knowledge-based economy. American companies increasingly look for college-educated employees from other countries to fill jobs."
- Protecting National Security
- Excerpt: "We must provide our military and intelligence services the tools they need to keep us safe. We also must combine military force and intelligence gathering with diplomacy, improvements in homeland security, and intelligence reform to stabilize countries and prevent failed states from becoming havens for anti-American terrorists."
Kang ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 45th District. He and district 48 incumbent John Campbell (R) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating John Webb (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Campbell won.
|Sukhee Kang (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$181,437.01||$34,469||$(21,183.97)||$194,722.04|
|Pre-Primary ||May 21, 2012||$194,722.04||$39,849||$(22,068.16)||$212,502.88|
Kang and his wife, Joanne, have two children.
- CNN "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results
- Federal Election Commission "Sukhee Kang's Summary Report," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Sukhee Kang April Quarterly," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Sukhee Kang Pre-Primary," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Project Vote Smart biography