Difference between revisions of "Susan Garrett"
m (Text replace - "<ref>[https://illinoisopportunity.org/the-project/ Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013]</ref>" to "<ref>[https://illinoisopportunity.org/the-project/ ''Illinois Opportunity Project'', "The Project," acce)
m (Text replace - "<ref>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.phtml?s=IL&y=2008 ''Illinois Senate election results for 2008'']</ref>" to "<ref>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.pht)
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Susan Garrett won re-election to the [[Illinois State Senate]] District 29. She ran unopposed receiving 72,911 votes.<ref>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.phtml?s=IL&y=2008 ''Illinois Senate election results for 2008
On November 4, 2008, Republican Susan Garrett won re-election to the [[Illinois State Senate]] District 29. She ran unopposed receiving 72,911 votes.<ref>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.phtml?s=IL&y=2008 ''Illinois Senate election results for 2008]</ref>
Revision as of 10:52, 15 May 2014
|Illinois State Senate District 29|
|2003 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 2002|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1998 – 2002|
|Bachelor's||Lake Forest College|
|Date of birth||February 11, 1950|
|Place of birth||Lake Forest, Illinois|
Garrett graduated with her Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from Lake Forest College and was a former Marketing Consultant.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Garrett served on these committees:
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Government Reform
- Local Government Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Public Health Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Revenue Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on New Districts, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Property Taxes
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Garrett served on these committees:
|Illinois State Senate, District 29 (2008)|
|Susan Garrett (D)||72,911|
In 2008, Garrett collected $139,840 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$11,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$7,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$3,000|
|Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals||$2,000|
|Cable Television & Communications Association of Illinois||$2,000|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$2,000|
|Friends of Harper||$2,000|
|Builders Association of Greater Chicago||$2,000|
|Illinois Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Deep Blue Illinois||$2,000|
|Doug & Mary Jo Basler||$1,500|
|George Blossom III||$1,500|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$1,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Garrett received a score of 57.14 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of D according to the IOP’s grading scale. Her score was tied for the 30th highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Susan + Garrett + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Garrett represents Illinois Senate District 29. District 29 includes the Northeast Chicago suburbs of Lake Forest, Highwood, and North Chicago.
Susan is married to Scott Garrett. They have two children and reside in Lake Forest, Illinois.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Follow the Money, "Illinois Senate election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Garrett Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "Legislative Vote Card home page," accessed February 21, 2013
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
Julie Morrison (D)