Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 69|
|Supervisor of Meridian Township|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
|Place of birth||Cincinnati, OH|
McGillicuddy's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Higher Quality Education Becomes Reality
- Excerpt:"High quality education is vital to our children’s future success. I support innovative approaches for educating our children to ensure every Michigan student receives a high quality education. Competent teachers provide quality education. To ensure our teachers are competent we should judge them based on their performance, not seniority. It is time we turn the idea of a higher quality education into reality."
Economic Prosperity Becomes Reality
- Excerpt:"The economy is the backbone of Michigan. Without a thriving economy, we cannot afford to invest in our future. Business is the engine of economic prosperity. To create an environment for business growth, taxes on businesses must be low. With Michigan hemorrhaging people and jobs, the remaining businesses cannot afford to shoulder the burden. A thriving business environment means the return of jobs, population, and the funds to invest in the future of Michigan."
Environmental Protection Becomes Reality
- Excerpt:"From wetlands to woodlands, sand dunes to shores, Michigan offers natural splendor not found anywhere else. Michigan is blessed with a diversity of ecosystems and protecting them is for our benefit. Protecting our natural places will help Michigan remain a great state for tourism and one of the greatest States in the country. I will expand environment protection so that tourists, and future generations will be able to experience pure Michigan."
McGillicuddy ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 69. He defeated Frank Lambert and George Nastas, III in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Sam Singh (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69 Republican Primary, 2012|
|George Nastas III||13.9%||561|
McGillicuddy ran in the 2010 election for Michigan State House District 69. McGillicuddy was defeated by Democratic incumbent Mark Meadows in the general election on November 2, 2010. McGillicuddy defeated Frank Lambert in the Republican primary election on August 3, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 69 General election (2010)|
|Mark Meadows (D)||16,782|
|Susan McGillicuddy (R)||10,452|
- SusanMcGillicuddy.com "About," Accessed August 1, 2012
- "susanmcgillicuddy," Official Campaign Website
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Secretary of State, Official Michigan Election Results, 2010, March 2, 2011
- Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Resutls, accessed October 26, 2013
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |