|Massachusetts Auditor of the Commonwealth|
|January 19, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Predecessor||A. Joseph DeNucci (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Massachusetts Secretary of Labor|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives|
|Place of birth||Whitman, Massachusetts|
Bump grew up in Whitman, Massachusetts. During her college career, she commuted and worked her way through school. Following her graduation, she worked as a legislative aide. She would go on to serve in her first elected position as a Representative in the Massachusetts House of Representatives. Following her tenure as a state representative, she spent time in the private sector. In 2007, Governor Deval Patrick appointed her to serve on his cabinet as his labor secretary. She resigned from her cabinet position to run for auditor of the commonwealth in 2009.
- Bachelor's degree, Boston College
- Juris Doctor, Suffolk University Law School
Auditor of the Commonwealth (2011 - present)
|Massachusetts Auditor of the Commonwealth (2010)|
|Suzanne Bump (D)||1,027,710|
|Mary Connaughton (R)||982,113|
|Nathanael Alexander Fortune (Green-Rainbow)||108,997|
Comprehensive donor information for Bump is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Bump raised a total of $1,554,066 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
|Suzanne Bump's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,554,066|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Suzanne Bump's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Suzanne Bump's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,016,869|
|Top 5 contributors||Suzanne Bump||$135,000|
|Commonwealth of Massachusetts Elections Fund||$100,560|
|State Election Campaign Fund||$72,169|
|Commonwealth of Massachusetts Election Funds||$43,080|
Office of the State Auditor, Executive Office
Boston, MA 02133
Bump married her husband, Paul McDevitt, in 1980.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Suzanne + Bump + Massachusetts + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts Auditor of the Commonwealth Suzanne Bump
- Suzanne Bump's Campaign Website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Suzanne Bump's Campaign Website About Suzanne, Accessed on October 11, 2012
- Suzanne Bump to resign as labor secretary Patriot Ledger, November 30, 2009
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Boston Globe, "Murray adds to the buzz over 2014 governor’s race," November 15, 2012
- The Phoenix, "The Gathering Storm," November 7, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of State, "November 2010 General Election Results," retrieved May 18, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Suzanne M. Bump," accessed July 11, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
A. Joseph DeNucci (D)
|Massachusetts Auditor of the Commonwealth
| Succeeded by|