For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Texas, District 35|
|Texas House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas, San Antonio|
|Place of birth||San Antonio, Texas|
Romo earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from the University of Texas at San Antonio. She received her certified public accountant designation in 1981, and has worked as a CPA for over 30 years.
Romo served in the Texas House of Representatives from 1993 to 1997. In 1996, she became the first woman to be elected to the Office of the Tax Assessor-Collector of Bexar County.
Romo's website lists the following issues:
- Getting America Back to Work
- Excerpt: "I believe putting America back to work is the most important issue facing Congress today. My highest priority when elected to Congress is to help get our economy back on track and to create real economic opportunity for Texans."
- Investing in America’s Future
- Excerpt: "As a public official I have always believed taxpayers should get a return on their investment."
- Protecting our Senior Citizens Relentlessly
- Excerpt: "We have a financial and moral obligation to keep the promises we made to our senior citizens and protect Social Security and Medicare. "
- Coming Together to Work Together
- Excerpt: "Getting the job done means being able to reach across party and ideological lines to find common ground around our shared values."
Romo has four sons.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |