Talk:California State Legislature
|This page is part of WikiProject California, a WikiProject dedicated to articles related to California.|
| This page is part of WikiProject State Legislatures, a WikiProject dedicated to articles related to state legislatures.
If you have any questions or comments please e-mail Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm proposing a rewrite of this article to only include operations actions and constitutional provisions of the state legislature. Other components of this article (such as information referring to a specific session) should be moved to a separate article as they are specific to a session, not the governing body of the legislature as a whole.
Sections which are proposed to move are as follows:
- Sessions (not the whole section): only the parts specific (part of which I wrote) to the 2009-10 session.
- Role in state budget
- Legislative sessions (parts concerning the operation of the legislature itself should be combined with the "Sessions" section.
- Current balance of power
- Senate/Assembly (not the whole section, rather condensed into "Operations of the Houses" or "Officer Elections within the Houses" or something.)
- Initiative rights (parts dealing with the current session and proposals)
- Ballot referrals (parts thereof)
I don't know where all of those things should go, but it seems as though the article should be narrowly about the legislature and its business. Perhaps I'll post a rewrite somewhere in the talk pages and request comments. --Chris 11:42, 24 August 2010 (CDT)