|U.S. House, Texas, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Prairie View A&M University, 1996|
|Master's||Texas Southern University|
|Birthday||December 25, 1972|
|Place of birth||Beaumont, Texas|
Walter-Cadien earned a B.S. in nursing from Prairie View A&M University in 1996 and is a registered nurse. She also holds an executive master's degree in Public Administration from Texas Southern University.
Walter-Cadien's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Job Security
- Excerpt: "As many of you may know through personal experience or by association, job security is a major issue both on the national level and within District 10. Although a large amount of constituents within District 10 are employed, many are not secure in their employment status."
- Excerpt: "The assurance of a fair and balanced system in regards to health care is also an important factor for the constituents of District 10. Many of you have either seen or heard disturbing news reports in regards to women's health and the possibility of coverage for women's preventive health screenings being dissolved."
Walter-Cadien is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 10th District. Walter-Cadien won the Democratic nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014, with no opposition. She will face incumbent Michael McCaul (R) and Bill Kelsey (L) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Tawana Walter-Cadien (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$0||$44||$(0)||$44|
|July Quarterly||July 12, 2013||$44||$0||$(0)||$44|
|October Quarterly||October 14, 2013||$44||$0||$(0)||$44|
|Year-End||January 30, 2014||$44||$0||$(0)||$44|
|April Quarterly||April 9, 2014||$44||$2,000||$(0)||$2,044|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2014||$2,044||$804||$(2,910)||$-61|
**As of the 2014 July Quarterly Report, Walter-Cadien's committee owed $15,000 in outstanding loans to Tawana Walter-Cadien.
Walter-Cadien and her husband, Kevin, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tawana + Walter-Cadien + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 10th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 10th Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "Meet Tawana," accessed January 21, 2014
- Campaign website, "Priorities," accessed January 21, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tawana Walter-Cadien April Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tawana Walter-Cadien July Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tawana Walter-Cadien October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tawana Walter-Cadien Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tawana Walter-Cadien April Quarterly," accessed May 2, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tawana Walter-Cadien July Quarterly," accessed July 25, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |