Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Indiana Director of Agriculture|
|January 7, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||December 4, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Mike Pence (R)|
Pence named McKinney as the new head of the State Department of Agriculture on December 4, 2013, to replace former director of economic development and international trade for the Indiana Department of Agriculture, Gina Sheets.
McKinney was raised on his family farm, located in Tipton County, Indiana. He earned his bachelor's degree in agricultural economics from Purdue University and later became a leader of the Purdue Agricultural Alumni Trust Fund.
At the time of McKinney's appointment to public office in 2013, he was working in the private sector as Director of Global Corporate Affairs for Elanco Animal Health.
McKinney's employment experience in the agriculture industry also includes Elanco Products Company, DowElanco and Dow Agro Sciences.
An active member of the Indiana agriculture community, McKinney has held prominent roles in the Indiana Future Farmers of America and the Indiana 4-H Foundation.
- Bachelor degree in agricultural economics - Purdue University
Indiana Agriculture Director (2014-present)
McKinney was appointed Indiana Director of Agriculture on December 4, 2013, to replace resigned director Gina Sheets. He was tapped for the cabinet position by Gov. Mike Pence, for a term beginning January 7, 2014.
McKinney and his wife, Julie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ted + McKinney + Indiana + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Agriculture Commissioner
- Indiana Director of Agriculture
- Gov. Mike Pence
- Lt. Governor Sue Ellspermann
- Gina Sheets
- Indiana Office of the Lieutenant Governor, State House, "Press release: Governor Pence Appoints Ted McKinney as Director of the Indiana State Department of Agriculture," December 4, 2014
- Hoosier Ag Today, "A New Mission for Gina Sheets," December 22, 2013
- Purdue University Agricultural Economics, Distinguished AgEcon Alumni, "Ted A. McKinney," accessed January 7, 2014
|Indiana Director of Agriculture
January 7, 2014 - present
| Succeeded by|