Template:About VA Senate
Revision as of 13:25, 23 April 2014 by Kelly O'Keefe
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Virginia State Senate are paid $18,000/year. Senators receive $178/day per diem tied to the federal rate.
Vacancies Within 15 days of the vacancy, the governing body of the county or city that represents the seat must petition to a circuit court to hold a special election. All special elections must be held promptly. No special election can be held with less than 60 days remaining in the vacant Senator's term or less than 55 days before a statewide primary or general election.
- vakids.org, "Virginia State Legislature For Kids," accessed December 18, 2013
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Virginia General Assembly, "Code of Virginia," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 24.2-228.1 (A), Code of Virginia)
- Virginia General Assembly, "Code of Virginia," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 24.2-682(C), Virginia Code)
- Virgina General Assembly, "Code of Virginia," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 24.2-682(A), Virginia Code)