For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Tennessee's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 7, 2014
Stephen Lee Fincher
Stephen Lee Fincher
Cook Political Report: Solid Republican
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Stephen Lee Fincher (R), who was first elected in 2010.
The 8th District is located in the northwest region of Tennessee and borders Kentucky, Missouri and Arkansas. Henry, Carroll, Weakley, Obion, Lake, Dyer, Crockett, Gibson, Madison, Haywood, Lauderdale, Tipton, Fayette and Shelby counties are included in the district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
August 7, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stephen Lee Fincher Incumbent||68.3%||190,923|
|Source: Tennessee Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Tennessee Congressional District 8 Election, 2010|
|Republican||Stephen Fincher Incumbent||60.3%||98,759|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Tennessee, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 1, 2014," accessed August 4, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 4, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Tennessee Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 30, 2012
- Tennessee.gov, "Governor, United States Senate, and United States House of Representatives Petitions Filed by Qualifying Deadline," accessed April 3, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Tennessee"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"