|Nevada State Assembly District 27|
|February 7, 2011- Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Master's||University of Michigan|
Benitez-Thompson's professional experience includes working as a hospice social worker and adoption social worker.
Benitez-Thompson earned her MA in social work from the University of Michigan.
Benitez-Thompson and her husband, Jeff, have two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Benitez-Thompson has been appointed to these committees:
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Benitez-Thompson is running in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 27. Benitez-Thompson ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and is challenged by Yvonne Larkin in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010 Benitez-Thompson won election to the Nevada House of Representatives. Benitez-Thompson defeated Byllie Andrews in the June 8 primary by a margin of 1,451-1,144. She bested Gabe Jurado (R) in the general election.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 27 General election (2010)|
|Teresa Benitez-Thompson (D)||6,951|
|Gabe Jurado (R)||3,984|
In 2010, a year in which Benitez-Thompson ran for election, she collected $119,223 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Nevada House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Teresa Benitez-Thompson's campaign in 2010|
|John Oceguera Campaign Account||$7,500|
|Nevada State Education Association||$7,500|
|Assembly Democratic Caucus||$6,250|
|Marcus Conklin For Assembly District 37||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$119,223|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Teresa + Benitez-Thompson + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Which bills made the cut in the Nevada Legislature? Here are the biggest - Las Vegas Sun
- Democrats circle the wagons against 'Family Fun Tax' foes - Las Vegas Sun
- Uniform sex-ed program proposed in Nevada - Reno Gazette Journal
- AB 116 rewrites 102 year-old law, opens family of convicted felons to ... - KRNV My News 4
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Teresa Benitez-Thompson's official campaign website
- House Site
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010,
|Nevada State Assembly District 27
| Succeeded by|