|New Jersey State Senate District 29|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||6|
|Assistant Majority Leader, New Jersey State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Birthday||June 28, 1974|
|Place of birth||Newark, NJ|
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Ruiz served on these committees:
- Education, Vice-Chair
- Joint Committee on Public Schools
- Budget and Appropriations
- Budget and Appropriations (Budget Hearings Only)
- Economic Growth
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Ruiz ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 29. Ruiz was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary and is challenged by Raafat Barsoom (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Ruiz won re-election to the District 29 State Senate seat in 2011. She ran unopposed for the June 7 Democratic primary election. Ruiz defeated Aracelis Sanabria Tejada (R) and Laurie Taylor (I) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 29 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Teresa Ruiz Incumbent||82.2%||9,076|
|Republican||Aracelis Sanabria Tejada||14.5%||1,598|
In 2007, Ruiz was elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 29. Ruiz (D) finished with 10,816 votes and was followed by Luis Quintana with 3,687 votes, William Payne (I) with 3,653 votes, Al-Samar Douglas (R) with 547 votes, and Dick Hester with 123 votes. Ruiz raised $284,879 for his campaign fund. 
In 2011, Ruiz received $40,962 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Teresa Ruiz's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$8,200|
|Dunn, Thomas F||$2,600|
|Dunn, Susan K||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2011||$40,962|
|Total Votes received in 2011||9,076|
|Cost of each vote received||$4.51|
In 2007, Ruiz collected $284,879 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Senate Democratic Majority of New Jersey||$70,000|
|Election Fund of Joseph Vitale||$8,200|
|New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters||$8,200|
|Election Fund of Paul Sarlo||$8,200|
|Heavy & General Construction Laborers Local 472||$7,200|
Ruiz represents New Jersey Senate District 29, which includes the township of Hillside, New Jersey.
Ruiz and her husband, Samuel, reside in Newark, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Teresa + Ruiz + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official website of Teresa Ruiz
- Teresa Ruiz legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Teresa Ruiz biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Democratic Party biography of Teresa Ruiz
- Facebook page
- Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- Official website of Teresa Ruiz
- Project Vote Smart, Accessed May 15, 2013
- Essex County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- New Jersey State Senate election results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|