Nebraska State Senate, District 14
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2010
|Nebraska State Senate, District 14 General election (2010)|
Whitehead's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I will endeavor to repeal existing state law and replace the current flawed structure. I want to ensure our children receive their fair share of educational funding and I also want to safeguard local control."
- Excerpt: "I will promote job training and educational opportunities for workers. I will also use my influence to fight to keep the thousands of local jobs dependent on the continued presence of Offutt Air Force Base."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I will use that leadership experience to help balance the state budget and find new ways to do more with less, without resorting to raising taxes in this difficult economy."
- Excerpt: "I want my fellow military veterans to be able to afford to retire in Nebraska as I was able to do. To help veterans make the same choice, I will work to eliminate the state income tax on military retirement pay. I will also help children of Nebraska military families with scholarship and tuition assistance programs to attend in-state colleges."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "I will persuade our national representatives in Washington to do their constitutional duty by securing our borders and passing comprehensive immigration reform. I support laws requiring the verification of immigration status before hiring employees, and penalizing employers who hire illegal immigrants."
- Excerpt: "As a state legislator in Lincoln, I will introduce and support legislation which helps sustain, nurture and protect the needs of Nebraska families and their local neighborhoods, schools and communities."
- Teresa Whitehead's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of 2010 candidates for Nebraska Legislature
- May 11, 2010 primary election results
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found