For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Terry F. Gestrin
|Terry F. Gestrin|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 8A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Valley County Commissioner|
|1995 - 2005|
|State Insurance Fund Board|
|2008 - Present|
|Profession||General and fuel store operator|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gestrin served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Resources and Conservation|
|• Transportation and Defense|
Gestrin's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Free market, reduction in government regulations
- The right to own and bear arms
- Intelligent use of natural resources
- Pro-life policies
Gestrin won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 8A. On July 25, 2012, he was chosen as the ballot replacement for incumbent Ken Roberts, who withdrew on the July 16. He defeated Karla J. Miller (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 8A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Terry F. Gestrin||65.2%||13,894|
|Democratic||Karla J. Miller||34.8%||7,405|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
|Idaho State Senate District 8 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Alan D. Ward||27.8%||2,065|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Terry + Gestrin + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Idaho Governor, "GOVERNOR APPOINTS TERRY GESTRIN TO FILL HOUSE SEAT 8A VACANCY," August 2, 2012
- The Idaho Statesman, "Otter names Rep. Ken Roberts to Idaho Tax Commission," July 12, 2012
- Terry Gestrin, accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, Declaration for 2012 - General, July 25, 2012. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 14, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
Ken Roberts (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 8A
| Succeeded by|