Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Missouri, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||West Plains High School|
|Place of birth||West Plains, Missouri|
|Profession||Business owner, author|
She and her husband are former business owners. Hampton is a writer and has authored two books.
Hampton listed the following issues on her campaign website:
- Excerpt: "Organizers say, 'The American Anti-Corruption Act gets money out of politics, so the people can get back in.' That is a piece of legislation I would absolutely work toward passing."
- Excerpt: "I will never vote in favor of Monsanto's best interests because Monsanto will never help us."
- National security
- Excerpt: "I would vote to investigate, question, and defund most of [the National Security Agency's] activities."
- Excerpt: "I want this issue to be addressed on a local, rather than a federal level."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I will absolutely defend our Second Amendment rights along with all of the other provisions of the Constitution."
Hampton and her husband, Allen, have one daughter and two grandsons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Terry + Hampton + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Missouri's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Missouri's 8th Congressional District