For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 1|
|1994 - Present|
|Years in position||21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Date of birth||8/23/1961|
|Place of birth||Kingsport, TN|
Kilgore is an attorney by trade. He has worked with Wolfe & Farmer since 2000, and prior to that had his own Kilgore Law Office from 1987-2000. Kilgore is also an adjunct faculty member of the Marshall-Wythe School of Law.
Kilgore's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 1999 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides a candidate's views on a number of major issues. Kilgore did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
In the 2012-2013 session, Kilgore has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Kilgore served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor, Chair
- Special Subcommittee on Energy, Chair
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
- HB 1632 Retirement System; adds full-time employees of Va. Municipal League & Va. Association of Counties.
- HB 1761 Security for Public Deposits Act; establish guidleines to permit banks to withdraw from procedures.
- HB 2261 Consumer Protection Act; foreclosure rescues.
- HB 2645 Tobacco products tax; changes tax on moist snuff.
On November 3, 2009, Kilgore won re-election to the 1st District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Kilgore raised $281,987 for his campaign. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 1 (2009)|
|Terry Kilgore (R)||12,957||99.3%|
The top 5 donors to Kilgore's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bank PAC||$13,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers PAC||$11,000|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Kilgore
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Virginia Public Access Project - Rep. Kilgore profile
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
|Virginia House of Delegates District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |