|Virginia House of Delegates District 1|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
He won re-election unopposed in the November 3, 2009 general election.
Kilgore is an attorney by trade. He has worked with Wolfe & Farmer since 2000, and prior to that had his own Kilgore Law Office from 1987-2000. Kilgore is also an adjunct faculty member of the Marshall-Wythe School of Law.
Kilgore's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 1999 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides a candidate's views on a number of major issues. Kilgore did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- Commerce and Labor (Chair)
- Special Subcommittee on Energy (Chair)
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
- HB 1632 Retirement System; adds full-time employees of Va. Municipal League & Va. Association of Counties.
- HB 1761 Security for Public Deposits Act; establish guidleines to permit banks to withdraw from procedures.
- HB 2261 Consumer Protection Act; foreclosure rescues.
- HB 2645 Tobacco products tax; changes tax on moist snuff.
On November 3, 2009, Kilgore won re-election to the 1st District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Kilgore raised $281,987 for his campaign. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 1 (2009)|
|Terry Kilgore (R)||12,957||99.3%|
The top 5 donors to Kilgore's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bank PAC||$13,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers PAC||$11,000|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Kilgore
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Virginia Public Access Project - Rep. Kilgore profile
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
|Virginia House of Delegates District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |